Friday, January 25, 2008

Am I the only one who does this?

Today I was pumping gas in the cold. (Brrrrrrrr) After I had finished, I tapped the nozzle to get out any gas still hanging on the edges. My gas pumping ritual sometimes involves some lifting of the hose along with the tapping. I never thought this was a weird thing to do, until today. A fellow pumping gas nearby looked at me like I was out of my mind. He actually shook his head at me!!! Just for the record: I'm frugal, not cheap. And I was only trying to get all the gas I paid for. So what if it was only 3 drops. It was my three drops, and I was taking them home with me, thank you very much. I always thought this was a pretty normal thing to do, but it's clear my pump-mate didn't think so. Am I a crazed, gas miser, or do other people do this?

7 comments:

Gina said...

No, You are not the only one who does this. :) Although I do so I don't drip gas all over me or my car.

1stopmom said...

I must admit, I do it too.

Anonymous said...

ROTFLOL! I'm sorry, Julie, but you are the only crazy person doing this. LOL! Just kidding! That is hilarious. I can just picture that!

Well, as high as gas has been lately, I don't blame you.

Stephanie Kay said...

I do it, too!

Anonymous said...

You PUMP your own gas???? Don't you know the guy inside the station will come out and do it for you? Or how about the gas fairy...how this works is you say at dinner "I need gas, I think I'll go over to the full serve station tomorrow" and poof! next morning you have gas!
Love Puff

Anonymous said...

My dh and I were talking about the price of gas and I started to think about your post and shared it with him. He thought it was so funny but then admitted he does the same. LOL!

Amy said...

Yes, I do it too. Originally it was to keep the drops off of me and the car...but now I definitely see its dual purpose!