Saturday, January 5, 2008

Don't try this at home...

Speaking of bikinis...I did a very foolish thing today. I was cleaning out a drawer and came across a bikini I bought for my honeymoon, many moons ago. I had a momentary lapse in judgement and decided to try it on. Big mistake! The top, when I finally managed to get it partially clasped, looked downright obscene. The bottom...well, have you ever seen a pregnant woman in a bikini and thought: "That's just too much information." That was me, except of course, I'm not actually pregnant. Perhaps the bikini could serve as a weight loss motivation. Not that I'd ever actually go out in public in one. I'm far too conservative for that. Not to mention too old. The good news is that I've managed to remain Snickers-free so far in 2008! And although I haven't lost any weight, I didn't gain back the 2 pounds I lost from the stomach flu. Maybe there is hope after all.

3 comments:

Stephanie Kay said...

O man!! At least you can laugh about it. Please tell me you did NOT show anyone (like your husband?)

Birthing 3 babies really does a number on your body, doesn't it?

= )

Amy said...

You're brave! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Join the club!