Saturday, January 12, 2008

You know you're a homeschooler when...

Today I stopped by my local library to pick up a book. I was chatting with the librarian at the front desk, when I heard the head Librarian call from the next room: "Is that Julie?" Yes, I'm there so often that not only do all the librarians know my name, and my kid's names, they can also recognize my voice! Not only that, but they're pretty on top of what my family is currently studying, and will often recommend books without me having to ask. You gotta love living in a small town!

2 comments:

Amy said...

How fun! Our favorite children's librarian just left for another position...it's amazing how you can used to "your" librarian who knows what you might like!

Stephanie Kay said...

Hmm... clearly you aren't going to the WPL. The librarians in the children section barely look up when you enter. And they seldom look pleased to be there. I've considered going to one of the smaller branches for (hopefully) a more friendly atmosphere but my guys enjoy the puzzles, Beezus the Tarantuala and the fish aquarium. Not that we've been going much lately. = )