Thursday, March 6, 2008

This has to mean something...

I just don't know what. I had a very strange and vivid dream a few nights ago. It was 3am, (in my dream), and I was yelling at the kids to get to sleep...we have to get up in 3 hours. Why were the kids still up? Why was I still up? I don't know. Suddenly Rachel asks what's going on outside. I look out the window and notice a crowd has gathered in the street around my house. In my dream they were neighbors, although I've never laid eyes on any of these people before. They're all milling about. Then there's a knock at my door. There are a group of government people at the door. The leader, a fifty-something woman with short, sandy, blond hair, hands me a document. (She looked suspiciously like Hillary.) I was informed that some potassium capsules that the government had placed in the surrounding mines were missing. (Just for the record there are no mines that I'm aware of in this area. And why would the government put capsules in mines, anyway?) I noticed lights in the woods, as the government agents searched the mines. I was told that my house was to be searched immediately. I protested, "It's three o'clock in the morning, we have to get up in three hours!" No one seemed to care. My husband let them in, and they proceeded to ransack my house looking for the missing capsules. They were insisting that my children had taken them from the mines. They were dumping out Legos like crazy. I just kept repeating my objection, "It's 3 o'clock in the morning!" No one cared. The neighbors are looking in my windows. I'm freaking out, but everyone else was calm as could be. After trashing the kids' rooms, the government retreated to the woods. That's when I realize that the reason we need to get up in three hours is because we're leaving for Disney in the morning. Oh, no! I forgot to pack! Now I'll never get any sleep. I started to cry, and then I woke up. Boy, was I glad to realize it was all a bad dream. So what does it all mean?? Keep in mind that I live in a blue state, where it's pretty accepted that we need the government to "help" us out. Do I have some deep-seated fear of the gov't? Or is it just Hillary in charge that I fear?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

IMHO, I think you need to leave those burritos alone. LOL

Stephanie Kay said...

Perhaps it was your frustration in knowing that the people of our state keep choosing folks who allow others to kill babies and you feel helpless to stop this? (not that I would know anything about that)

We never got to vote on Tuesday, not that the man we would have voted for even came close to winning. = ( Unfortunately, more important things came up than voting.