Wednesday, March 12, 2008

10 years ago today



My firstborn daughter was born. At 8:12pm, after 28 hours of waiting (and pain), Rachel came into the world. She was born with a full head of black hair, and was the most beautiful baby I ever laid eyes on. I remember the shock and awe that I was actually somebody's mother. It seemed so strange to me. By the time we left the hospital 2 days later, I was convinced she was also the most intelligent baby ever born. I mean, look how well she took to nursing. I remember my husband cautioning me that it may have been instinct, but I didn't believe it for a second. She continued to amaze and delight me as she grew. She became a big sister twice over, and wears the title well. Rachel is a genuinely kindhearted person. She loves to make little cards for people, and pick out the perfect present. She takes joy in making other people happy. In some ways, it's hard to believe it's been 10 years already. On the other hand, it's difficult to remember what I did before she made me a mommy. My sweet, little, baby girl is really growing up. I know I'm truly blessed to be her Mom.

2 comments:

Stephanie Kay said...

Happy (Gave) Birthday to you!!

Gina said...

What a beautiful daughter you have. Happy Birthday!