Wednesday, February 27, 2008

More excuses...

February has been an unusally busy month this year, thus my poor blogging record. Just to whine a little, I thought I'd list a few of my activities this month:

9 speech therapy sessions- which means early morning drives to URI
3 Girl Scout meetings
1 surgery- Alex
2 dentist appointments
2 doctor appointments
2 Orthodontist appointments
1 homeschool gathering
2 evening meetings at church
2 evenings with company for dinner- I DO NOT have the gift of hospitality- so 2 is alot for me!
2 nights out with other couples from church- Yay, something fun!
1 Chili cook-off- I didn't win, although my whole batch was eaten up, so it must have been good.
3 homeschool theater groups
Weekly Bible Study

Throw in the lunar eclipse, the fish dissection, the owl pellet dissection, and sorting out 125 boxes of girl scout cookies, and it's been a busy month. We're going out with a bang, though. John and I are heading up to Amherst, Ma on Friday night to see Casting Crowns!! Of course my planned adult babysitter is sick, and they're expecting snow...so I'm praying it actually happens.

3 comments:

Stephanie Kay said...

Wow! I hope you get to enjoy your concert. And if an Owl pellet dissection is what I think it is - eww!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have been a little busy! I still think the Chilli cook off was rigged! You should have won,man! LOL

Anonymous said...

I read with interest your busy schedule and your "excuses" for not blogging regularly this month. Hey, cut yourself some slack! :-) As homeschooling moms we are wearing an incredible number of "hats" and sometimes there are things that just have to slide a bit. I know I get in this self-beating rut once in a while too. But I have learned that there are seasons of life...even on a daily basis there are seasons. Sometimes we just have to "go with the flow" and not fight it or we'll lose our sanity. God knows where our hearts are and He is always faithful when we feel like we aren't. Lean on Him.