Saturday, February 23, 2008

Blog neglect

I have to apologize for my neglect as of late. I know all three of you are on the edge of your seats everyday, and I've failed to deliver. Sorry. I've been busy with a host of mundane tasks, and life seems to be speeding by. My oldest is about to enter the wonderful world of braces. We're entering the wonderful world of paying for them every month. Rachel will also be hitting double digits in a few weeks, and has been busy planning her party. The great part is that she is doing most of the planning part. She made her own invitations and addressed and mailed them. She's also coming up with the menu and games, I just have to come up with the supplies. That's the good part about my baby growing up. The bad part is that she's really growing up. She discovered two little lumps on her chest. She was way too excited when I confirmed that she wasn't a lumpy freak, and was in fact beginning the wonderful transformation to womanhood. Me? I'm not nearly as excited about this turn of events. In fact, I think I'm a little traumatized by it.
I've also been obsessing about next year's curriculum. After much debate, (me talking to myself), I've got it all figured out. My obsessing will now turn to finding as many items used as I can. That can take over life as I know it, if I let it. Hopefully I can keep it under control. Which reminds me, I have to check on some auctions on Ebay. Gotta run.

2 comments:

Stephanie Kay said...

How sweet that she's planning her own party!

I'm feeling a little traumatized at the thought of her "lumps", too. I'm in complete denial about such things ever happening around here! 'Course, if Ellie takes after me she'll be more like 15 before she gets any "lumps" - from my viewpoint today that's not a bad thing. = )

Anonymous said...

LOL! I don't know if I will ever be ready for Hip Rider's "mosquito bites" discovery as my mom called them. LOL! Sounds like you have been busy. Remember "Just Say No" when searching and reading all of those wonderful curriculum supplier sites with all their little blinky tools and gadgets! LOL! It's a conspiracy I tell ya! A conspiracy!