Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The last three weeks

I would apologize for my poor blogging record, but I know you've heard that song before...so I'll just try to quickly recap the past few weeks.

- The last weekend in May was girl's weekend in Boston. I got together with 9 ladies- no husbands, no kids. It was a reunion of my friends from our college days. Freshman year we all ended up on the same floor in BU's Towers. We called it Seventh Heaven- everyone else just called it 7 west. We had a great time! Amazing that 10 moms could manage to get away for a weekend. We must have awesome husbands...poor guys...we had so much fun we decided to do it every year, instead of every 18 years!

- When I got home, I got to packing. We left on a vacation/field trip on the first Tuesday in June. We spent 3 nights in Williamsburg, VA. Then we headed up to DC for 4 more nights. We had a great time, except for the ridiculous heat. Pictures to follow- at some point.

- While in DC, I turned 40!!! Wow, am I old, or what? I guess it's official- I'm a grown-up! More on the wonders of being 40 in a future post.

- Returned to battle my nemesis- laundry. Yeah, I know, you've heard that song before too. But I really, really hate laundry!

- While on the road to Virginia, I once again reworked next year's curriculum...for the millionth time. This time I'm sticking with it. (Although the new Rainbow Resource catalog just came in the mail- I'm trying to resist the urge to go at it with a highlighter!)

- On Thursday we hit day 180! You know what that means- School's out for summer!! Yay!

- We visited my dad on Friday. He was leaving for vacation on Father's Day, so we celebrated it a little early.

- On Sunday it was so great to be back with my church family. I had missed two Sundays teaching Sunday School, and believe it or not, I really missed it! The kids assured me that they wept and lamented my absence- or not...Then we headed to my in-laws for more Father's Day celebrating.

Well, I guess that about does it. I'll try to have something witty to post about in the future. If not have mercy on me. I am old, after all.

No comments: